Monday, February 11, 2013

Roses Are Red.....

February 11, 2013     On Friday I decided that I am just going to wear the new prosthesis without a break (except at night) until my next appointment. If this new prosthesis is going to be mine, I have to use it.

OK, so I'm feeling really good about it. Like I can take on the world....or maybe be an Olympian kick-boxer.   Is that an Olympic sport?










Oh, then I remember that this week contains Valentine's Day. We like to go out for a nice dinner on Valentine's Day. What do I do about that?




Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
My prosthesis isn't finished yet,
So what do I do?

Well, would you go out looking like this?
And...would you wear nylons??


So, here's the thing. I want my prosthesis to be comfortable and functional and that is my priority. Really. But I'm also girly. I like wearing dresses and cute shoes. So, as much as I admire the posters of athletes running with their "blades", well the blade-and-pipe look just doesn't go well with a red dress and pointy black shoes. Maybe I'll take a night off and wear the old prosthesis. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a pair of black leggings you could wear? They're in style and would hide most of the unfinished prosthesis! Adorable dress by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going out on a limb (pun intended)...black velvet or black satin pants with an awesome red top. That dress is cute but you are in shape and have nothing to hide and that dress doesn't do you justice. You could even wear a halter top with your radical arms and paired with great pants - that's ALL GIRLIE! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice pun. I do love a good pun, I am my father's daughter :) xoxo Pants could work....

      Ashley, someone else suggested leggings, but I haven't owned leggings since the '80's (when I was a 20-something) and they were worn with an oversized sweater.

      Delete